Disability Studies is a multi-disciplinary field that investigates, critiques, and enhances Western society’s understandings of disability. The Disability Studies Program's Minor, Major, and Graduate Certificate will introduce you to a critical framework for recognizing how people with disabilities have experienced disadvantages and exclusion because of personal and societal responses to impairment, and for exploring how disability activists and scholars have re-conceptualized disability from a more empowering social-political and human rights perspective as an element of human diversity and a source of community.
- What's in Disability Studies for you?
- Learn about the Disability Studies Minor
- Learn about the Disability Studies Major
- Learn about the Graduate Certificate in Disability Studies
- Learn about current Disability Studies course offerings
- Message about wearing masks in DSP spaces
- DIS ST Course Delivery Plans - Winter 2023
Advisors in the Disability Studies Program are available for advising appointments by Zoom, phone or email. Please sign up for an appointment and advisors will send you contact information prior to your scheduled meeting.
DIS ST Advising Office Drop-In Hours
Wednesday Drop-In Hours | 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm